Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

downtown, alton brown

mom,

so, there's this guy i like on television.

not being one to really watch television (or eat half the things he makes on said digibox), i'm not sure where all this has stemmed from. but, there's this guy, and that's that.

his show is on the food channel and it's called "good eats". his name is alton. yes, i know that's an odd name (and now that i think of it, i also know that i am not gay), but his last name helps to ground him, "brown". yes, alton brown is my television superhunk. he is my daytime television, my wife's late-night insanity, and my "i'm not really sure when his show is on television because i watch the box so infrequently and have only seen 3 or 4 episodes as it turns out anyways" guy.

yes, it's true. i've only seen his show a few times. but from the first time out, i was hooked. even when he was cooking meat (which i'm not too keen on for those who don't know). his entire episode on toast made me want to eat an entire loaf of the flaky stuff. an entire episode on nuts where a puppet squirrel kept stealing them all? brilliant.

i think his show reminds me of the kids shows i used to watch when i was a kid and less critical than i am now. those shows where you just sit back, learn something, and have fun (like i used to do with sesame street - i'd recite the french things they talked about until i was promptly put "outside to play" by whomever had the misfortune to be watching me that day).

a week ago, i discovered a link to his web site from a forgotten source and hit it up right away. i checked out his "must have" list, his entire blog (in which there is a double-post, alton), and have safely stayed away from the alton-gear hiding in the shopping section of the site. i am keen to add items from his must have list to my amazon wishlist despite the fact that i cook very rarely (well, anything not pre-packaged, that is).

i've been watching the food channel for a month or so lately and i am a fan of about 3 or 4 shows (christina cushing can blow it out her arse, by the by), but alton tops my cake. this channel has given me a new perspective on life with some new ideas on food.

i've made the jalepno grilled cheese, the (failed) vegetable stew, the (succeeded) toasted bread, nut-based trail mixes, moy's (hella-successful) hallowe'en nachos, and that's about it. i'm keen to try other things and get my hands messy, but time just does not permit. that, or i'm having too difficult a time coming up with things to make during the day (driving to the market after work on the scooter - an ultra-trendy activity - is not a problem at all. i go right past it on my way home).

it's funny, mom, because i watch the food channel whenever i turn on the television (and if i see a familiar face there), and i can't seem to recall any recipies or things made to make myself.

anyways, yes mom, i am still happily married to the niffer and she is HellaBoss. yes mom, i am eating all my vegetables, and yes mom, this mr. brown thing is a phase that i will grown out of.

i hope.

yours,
-moy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really glad to read this webpage posts which includes
tons of useful data, thanks for providing these kinds of information.


my weblog; Dragon City Cheat Engine

May 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drop a comment each time I like a article on a website or
I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion.
Usually it is caused by the sincerness communicated in the article
I looked at. And on this post "downtown, alton brown".

I was excited enough to write a thought :-) I actually do have
2 questions for you if it's okay. Is it simply me or do some of the remarks look like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I would like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list every one of all your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Also visit my web blog ... Psn Code generator

June 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could definitely see your skills in the
article you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers like
you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

my website ... Generateur De Code PSN

June 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home