Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Sunday, August 22, 2004

hellapod

HellaPod

today i got an ipod. my pal raph and i had conspired to do work for an old client who still hadn't paid him, and therefore, me. we talked things over and decided that i'd take an ipod as payment for the work i did and raph can now go after him for the money owed.

the ipod is named HellaPod, natch. in my first few hours with the device, i've noticed a few things:

1) holy crap is it small. i mean, i've noodled with them in shops, but never held one in my hand. so very slim!
2) the device is a little misleading at first. i mean, when you read the manual, it tells you to plug it in and charge it (unless you're using a mac). then, plug it in, put in the ipod cd that came with it, etc. when i plugged it in, the system took over, asked me to register it, name it, synched my itunes playlist for the first time, and all before i could even look at the cd. i installed the software, then performed a system prefs/software update on it just in case.
3) it took me a bit to figure out how to mount it on the desktop.
4) i wasn't expecting the ipod widgets that appear in itunes when you plug it in.
5) it sure takes a while to charge! i wish on the "charging" screen, in addition to the charging-metre, it showed you a percent of charge it currently has.
6) yes, i'm aware of the code you can write to display the charge metre as a number /500.
7) i love it. while it might sound like i'm upset with the device, i actually do love it. it's small and over firewire, my entire itunes library (3 gigs of songs) was downloaded to the ipod in about 5 minutes. incredible.

also, i've started running. tonight was my 2nd night doing it. i'm trying to get 20 minutes under my belt before bed. it's certainly helping me sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

WOOOOOOO!
WOOOOOOOO WHOO WHOOOO!

Welcome to the club!

Actually, I gotta tell this story about my iPod. On Friday, I went to a bar wearing my iPod because, well, the live music sucked ass, and it was better than wearing a "Penis Hat". I couldn't hear the iPod because the live music was blairing badly, however, I had girls come up to me asking why I was wearing it. To me, this was kind of huge because I have never had strange cute girls come up to me in a bar.

(Note: I was drunk, and the cute issue is still debatable)

Now, may "HellaPod" fight with "The Sword" in a battle of iPodiness and Appleness.

August 23, 2004 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger moy said...

haha, kok. cute girls in bars are very cool. not as cool as the niffer, but what can you do?

August 23, 2004 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home