Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Thursday, August 26, 2004

shuffle

can i shuffle a playlist on the ipod when listening to it or do i have to listen to the whole thing through?

< update >
yes you can. go to settings, find shuffle, choose "songs". guh.
< /update >

the playlists currently on HellaPod are:

Le Jazz: all the jazz i own is on my ipod. it seems to be good background music to be listening to while writing code. tracks include: best of the verve, dextoer gordon, etc.
Runner: includes songs that i listen to while running around the block(s) each night. tunes incl. les marmotte aplaits, the distillers, rancid, radiohead, etc.
Sort Me: all the unrated songs in my collection in one list. if i want to, i can listen to it, give it a rating, and have it update my machine. a good way to try to tame the 300+ songs that have no ratings.
Starstruck: songs rated with such as 5 stars. motorhead, radiohead, the rza, and more!
Twang: all the folk or country music in my collection. includes johnny cash, the be good tanyas, the o brother where art thou? soundtrack, oh sister!, etc.

what playlists do you have on yours?

2 Comments:

Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

My playlists names are people who I made up. They were never imaginary friends at any time, but could be if I go into a state of madness where I could never recover from.

Random Jones and Julian Sweetheart are my playlists. If I decide to put Brian Eno music back on the iPod, there would be a new name, probably a name of a cat.

August 26, 2004 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger moy said...

dubski,

that's a neat idea. i used to do things like that with clever names for files, etc., but if found that when i went back to them after a month or so, i forgot what was in them. "Le Jazz" is the closest i'll get these days.

silly a.d.d. - haha!

with other lists ("Twang", and "Starstruck") i use the name of what the list contains to help me keep them organised. it seems to be working so far.

thanks for your comments! going to toe-volt?

-moy

August 27, 2004 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home