Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Thursday, October 07, 2004

hangups

i just wanted to say how great it is that HellaPod has such a long charge cable. over 1 metre in length, it's easily charging my ipod (which i left in my desk at work overnight - gasp! i was sooo worried, especially since the cleaners were coming in, that i'd lose it - just like i used to lose money in my desk when i worked at evil, inc.) while staying out of my way.

you see, i've this problem with things touching my hands while i work. i can't wash dishes in the sink if there are more than 1 or 2 objects in there, especially if they're floating. if i'm working on close quarters, i'll take whatever it is apart so i don't have to have my hands being touched while i do things. odd, really.

and this includes mousing. the mouse needs to be free and clear (thank goodness for the periwinkle pointer) of debris and confusion. the cord can't retract, nor can it be bunched up. i need to be able to click and go. if i have to move the mouse, i need to be able to do so and go ahead.

do you have any wierd hangups like that? hate feet? like picking friends' noses, etc.?

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Oh, so very many. I put the 'Matthew' in 'pet-peeve.' (Okay, so there is no 'Matthew' in 'pet-peeve,' but you get my point.)

-For starters, before I start reading/studying my room has to be absolutely spotless spiffy clean. All 90 degree angles and streak-free glass.

-Before using any electronics I do a mandatory hand washing; should I leave the computer I must do it again before returning to the keyboard/stereo remote.

-My computer filing has to be meticulous, well thought out, and I can't stand having anything in the 'Trash.' I don't know why I don't just bypass that system altogether since I empty it immediately anyway.

-I hate 'long deciders' and 'question talkers.' A) Long deciders: People who have to "uhh...mmmm....errr....uhhh....yeah....sure....well....maybe.....no..." It is verbal masturbation, without the feel-good. B) Question talkers: "Am I happy you're here? Sure I am." Why don't you just tell me you're glad to see me???

I could go on for a long time, but then I realize this is Mathew's site, not mine. Perhaps I'll continue this post on fiveaside...

October 7, 2004 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'm exactly the same as you; I hate having things touching my hands when I work.

Everyone else just seems to think I'm a complainer, lol. As for mousing, I'd highly recommend picking up a wireless mouse if you can, it's so much better to use, and if you ever have to go back, you'll hate it.

October 7, 2004 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger moy said...

i have a series of small flipouts if things are in my way where i'll actually get upset if the mouse isn't quite right. it's crazy. i'll pull cables, etc.

and don't get me started on keyboard drawers! gah!

October 8, 2004 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home