Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Monday, November 29, 2004

null and void

and after a good night's rest, you wake to find 2 messages in your inbox from apple:

"The following products shipped on 11/28/2004. Transit time will depend upon whether you have chosen standard or premium freight options. If your order is shipping standard freight, it should arrive within 12 days of shipment."

it's as though someone heard what i was saying last night and decided to go easy on me. anyways, within 12 days of shipment, i should have my isight. just in time for xmas. hopefully, this week (but am not counting on anything..).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Moy -

I think you might be in luck with Apple's standard shipping time. On Friday (the 26th) I ordered an iPod mini for my wife, and some iPod socks for me. With the info they gave me, I was expecting to get the goods around December 15th.

Well, I got to the office this morning, and there was a Fex-Ex parcel with my name on it. It was the iSocks!! Already!! Ordered Friday, recieved Monday... friggin awesome!!

Since the iPod is getting engraved, I'm guessing it will be a bit longer, but maybe not as long as I'd figured...

Chris Betlejemski

November 29, 2004 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger moy said...

socks, eh? did you like my rant about the socks? is that what inspired you to buy them? hehe. i've hinted to my wife that i should get her an ipod mini but i don't think she's interested. what colour did you get?

November 29, 2004 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Junkface said...

12 days? That's nuts!

November 29, 2004 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

hey hey!

Glad to hear the iSight has shipped! I picked mine up this weekend in NYC... so anytime you're ready! ;)

As for the shipping times, when I ordered my PB it was on a Saturday. The 'book arrived on the following Friday (from Taiwan)!!! I was surprised at how quick it came. I'm sure the iSight will take much less time since they either come from the states, or from a warehouse in Canada (for some reason I'm thinking Windsor, although I may be mistaken).

- Frank

November 29, 2004 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, your rant helped for sure :) I'm not too crazy about the black belt "holster" thing... all the corners are exposed, so if it knocks against stuff, it's a little rough. During the summer I got a speck of sand in the holster, and since it fits so tight, it scratched the display as I pulled it out. Doh!

To be honest, I haven't seen any iPod cases that I like... especially for the 3G pods... they're all pretty stupid looking to accomodate the 4 top buttons. After my sand incident in the summer, I was thinking of slipping my pod into one of my wife's little winter mittens. When I saw the socks, I figured it was a sign. Ha ha...

BTW, the new mini is pink with "Monika" engraved on the back. My 3G pod's name is Boris and is looking forward to a nice green turtleneck this winter...

November 30, 2004 at 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

November 17, 2005 at 2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home