Archives

wtfudge is a lovely weblog that uses blogger to track my thoughts, etc. it is an offshoot of hellaboss.com where mathew hoy does code, content, and creative for all things lovely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

a buddhist, vegetarian, and beta-geek, i build web sites, am an iconographer, write, doodle, and noodle. i like cookies and candy and fruit juice. do you?

Monday, December 06, 2004

early morning hijinx

last night i was experimenting with evocam and using my isight to take snaps of me and upload them to my server every 2 minutes to create a sort of tableau. the last picture taken of me was this one, clearly just before i figured that it might be time to head off to bed. evocam's a pretty neato little product, with the ability to stream video to a web server via ftp, to a local web server, take snapshots, use the desktop as a video source so that people can see what you're up to as you work, and more. it's $20 usd. i'm really considering picking it up after my 15 day demo period is over. learn more about it here.

in other news, i had a kernel panic this weekend. i was working on a really basic mockup for a project for dictator garrett in illustrator. i finished it and took a screengrab, expose-d my desktop and renamed the file. since garrett was on ichat, i dragged the file to his picture in my buddy list and boom - kernel panic. restart. forgot to save *anything*. even lost screengrab. ugh. fairly easy to recover, but annoying.

and lo, my first adventure into electronics went well this weekend. we bought a universal garage door remote (we've now 2 of them, 1 for the car and 1 for the house so we can get into the garage more quickly). i had to take the entire thing apart and reset the dip switches according to both insane korean instructions and what was preset in the garage's overhead motor. i've never reset dip switches before! anyways, taking a page from jez's mame cabinet manual, i was all over them and finally got it to work after standing in my garage in -6dc weather with frozen fingers mucking with tiny bits of metal and plastic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Junkface said...

Oh, no! "Dictator Garrett"? I hope that doesn't mean I've been a jerk or something?

December 6, 2004 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger moy said...

oh g-unit: i could never be upset with you. you gots the maaad shizzle, dawg. :)

December 6, 2004 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home